Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for an windows/linux application that does hot "edges"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joejimbo

joejimbo

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Hello,

I'm aware of apps existing that provide hot corners, where they would trigger an action. But I've been looking for something that'll trigger when the mouse touches anywhere on the edge of the screen. I've tried my best but my googlefu has failed me. Was wondering if anyone was aware of such software, ideally for both linux/windows but seperate apps/methods would be fine as well. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

Well, KDE for Linux has something it calls 'Desktop Effects' as part of its 'plasma' desktop bundle, but I think you have to download and use the entire KDE bundle to use it well.  I've heard and seen how KDE does not play well with other desktop versions, so maybe you have to uninstall the other one first. The only distro I know of which lets you turn it on and off on the fly at boot, is PCLinuxOS, but go to that forum and ask around for more info, as I just got booted from there.

(I must have said something wrong but don't yet know what, or else was deleted by mistake, so can't ask for you.  I did complain about that feature, as I was told to install something called 'task-mate' and when I did, my machine got pretty much bricked.  Took me all week to fix it, wasn't a happy camper while posting.)

That's a good distro, offers 'Session Type alternative desktops at signin, but it's kinda complex to install and use.  Mint has a similar feature and also has a KDE version but I don't think it offers a desktop wardrobe like PCLinuxOS does.

For Windows, as far as I know that feature began in Windows 7 and is part of the OS, which you can turn off, named 'Snap'.

Edited by brainout, 27 June 2015 - 01:20 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users