Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"An error has occurred." on YouTube videos


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NJMike92

NJMike92

  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

For probably a few years now, I have been getting annoying and persistant "An error has occurred." messages on YouTube videos, and I have to refresh the page several times before it works again. If I leave it alone, after a while the audio will start to play, even though the video is still on the error screen. Also, on other places of the web, non-YouTube videos sometimes play, but without any sound.

 

I have tried virtually everything possible that I could think of, and that my techie friends could suggest. This includes, doing fresh, completely clean uninstall/reinstalls of FireFox, Adobe, Java, and anything else having to do with video playback, using specific detailed instructions. I tried tinkering with add-ons, I tried the cookies cleaning thing, I use CCleaner frequently to ensure my computer is clean and free of registry errors. I have an anti-virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) protecting me, so this can't be virus/maleware-related. I have tried different browsers such as Opera and Chrome, and they still have the same problem. I even got a new router and network card recently, and that didn't fix it, thinking it was an Internet-related problem.

 

I am out of ideas anymore, and was wondering if someone could give me some help here. Thanks.


Edited by NJMike92, 21 March 2015 - 08:07 PM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users