Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to update Intel version to Win7Vista_151719

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tiki01-

tiki01-

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

1)

I have downloaded Win7Vista_151719 an update from intel and have tried installing and restart my laptop several times but the installation doesn't seems to register or take effect.

I am only aware of it after i checked with Intel® Driver Update Utility 2.0 again to see if im missing any further updates and it says i still haven't make installation through the downloaded package yet.

2)

further more i would like to ask if there is any recommendations on how to find out if all my other drivers are fully updated. thanks.

Edited by tiki01-, 21 March 2015 - 08:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

Honestly...the only time that a user needs to update or uninstall drivers (IME) is when a driver is causing problems, IMO.

Just like the system BIOS...a working driver is a good driver.

Are you having problems of some sort that mandate a driver replacement?

Louis

#3 tiki01-

tiki01-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

oic. alright then, i will leave it alone. this old laptop is unaccceptabily slow even after wiping out malware with the help of you guys. i thought that could be the drivers. launching programs like firefox and thunderbird takes a bit too long.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

The drivers for browsers...are not like the drivers for audio, video, etc.

If your browsers are giving you problems...first thing I would suggest is to uninstall all browser add-ons, minimizing unnecessary downloads and programs running.

The other approach I take to browsers is...uninstall, then reinstall, leaving all the unnecessary junk that browsers try to stall along with the browser.  IE is the only browser that I know of that doesn't try to install "this/that" along with the browser, which is why I like it.

Louis

#5 tiki01-

tiki01-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

wow... this is the first time i heard someone says IE is good. Alright, i will uninstall some of the add-on. I really like firefox though, can't get rid of my distaste for IE still. THanks =)

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

I did not say that "IE is good" nor did I bash it as some like to do (just because they like to bash anything).  I said that I don't have to worry about all the junk that is additionally installed on a system using Firefox or Chrome.  I consider that a big plus, but others seem to think that's not important :).

I'm not a "fanboy" of very many things..least of all computer browsers :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users