Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, probably processor related.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PzNguyen

PzNguyen

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hiya, newbie to pc building here. Recently I put together a build similar to my other comp, but 2-10 minutes into being logged into windows 7 gives me the BSOD, or an instant restart.

Hardware:

ATX DDR3 2400 Motherboards A88XM GAMING AMD processor

FM2+ A10 series 7700k

2 4gb ram 1600

SSD 240 gb

HDD 1 tb

Antec vp 450 watt psu

GPU EVGA Geforce 750 ti

Not sure if overheating is the problem, I tried an after market fan that keeps things between 30 and 50.

It may be processor related because I tried the same one in my older rig and I had had the same problem as well, But the BSOD kept popping up so I thought I'd just save it for a new rig.

I tried re installing win7 from scratch and the problem still persists.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by PzNguyen, 21 March 2015 - 07:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

If you are able, please do the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Can you boot successfully into Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Are you installing legit version of the Windows OS also do not overclock any hardware and make sure to set BIOS hardware settings correctly.

Posted Image

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

At this point, there  is no indication that any of these are problems.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 PzNguyen

PzNguyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

I found out how to fix the problem, thanks for your efforts guys!

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,240 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

Please share it may help others.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 PzNguyen

PzNguyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

Actually the BSOD problem came up again. I put it in my old rig, and it started working fine. But then I put in a ram card, and then it happened again a lot. So I figured it was just the ram card/processor problem.

However, I just recieved the BSOD again. D:It definitely happens a lot less often now, every few hours instead of minutes. 

Sooo here's the speccy for whoever is still available to help .

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0F7mQS0KcLOALJY4QPeQSdh

also wondering, why does putting in this processor change my 8 gb ram to about 7?

Edited by PzNguyen, 23 March 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#8 illestrate

illestrate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

Many things can cause the dreaded BSOD.  The ram could be shared with the Integrated Graphics Card on your MOBO and uses it as Graphic Memory usually set to AUTO but noticed you had a Card.  Best thing to do is check the easy components first like putting in different sticks of ram or changing out the PSU (maybe not putting out enough power or faulty) on the original setup itself.  Could also be a Hard Drive related issue (corrupted os? bad drive clusters) so run a hard drive test.

#9 PzNguyen

PzNguyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

i switched the 7700 processor to a different rigs. Both systems work absolutly fine without the 7700 processor. But both systems recieve the BSOD, reduced availible ram, and slower internet startup with the 7700 processor. I also realized that in either rig, he 7700 goes up to 65°C with it but 40°c without it.

Im at work but I will post the speccy on my other rig when i get home

#10 illestrate

illestrate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

let us know if its the processor!  if its causing the same problem on 2 diff mobos could be the problem just confirm if other components are in working order.

#11 PzNguyen

PzNguyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

To summarize above.

PC1 http://speccy.piriform.com/results/0F7mQS0KcLOALJY4QPeQSdh Currently works with 7700 processor, increased CPU temp, connects to internet slower, reduced available ram, Slower start. BSOD once every ~few hours. If I take the ram from PC2. I get BSOD once every ~10 minutes

PC2 http://speccy.piriform.com/results/BhHdPCn6fk2tDoEQ4rqYPqZ Currently working without the processor. With the 7700 processor, connects to internet slower, increased cpu temp, reduced availible ram, slower starty.  BSOD once every ~10 minutes

Also when BSOD happens, its more likely to happen in less time if it had just recently come up. And if I let it sit a bit, its like it's reset. So I bought an aftermarket cooler. Still got BSOD as usual.

So If its the processor, is it a compatibility issue or is it just defective? 

Edited by PzNguyen, 24 March 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

Can you place the BSOD dump files into zip archive and upload to file sharing website for us to download the BSOD dump files store at C:\Windows\MiniDump directory.

Posted Image

#13 PzNguyen

PzNguyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw4WaOFD96T5THc2ZVBpNl82ckk&authuser=0 It doesnt seem to log when the computer restarts if the computer restarts on its own before BSOD finishes. Oh i guess i should have mentioned that before, sometimes my computer will restart before BSOD finishes. It restarts before BSOD can finish more often than not.

#14 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw4WaOFD96T5THc2ZVBpNl82ckk&authuser=0 It doesnt seem to log when the computer restarts if the computer restarts on its own before BSOD finishes. Oh i guess i should have mentioned that before, sometimes my computer will restart before BSOD finishes. It restarts before BSOD can finish more often than not.

Sorry for late answer i have been very busy i try to download the memory dump file you have uploaded but Google Drive wants me to ask you for permission to download the content i thing you will receive a email by Google Drive asking you to allow me to download the content. Can you tell me what do you mean about Windows not creating logs are you referring to memory dump files.

Edited by FreeBooter, 27 March 2015 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image

#15 PzNguyen

PzNguyen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

Done, no need for sorry's from som1 trying to help me :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users