Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptopís internet via tethering gets dropped when connects to Ericsson MiniLink

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zillah

zillah

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2004/01/01/traffic-node/#jp-carousel-241

Whenever I connect  the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn’t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.

By the way the Ericsson software  that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

http://imgur.com/IRNyoIv

IRNyoIv.jpg

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

Post the results of a ipconfig /all from your coworkers laptop and one from your laptop so we can compare ip settings.

You would do this ipconfig /all when connected to the equipment

Edited by Wand3r3r, 23 March 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Is the usb 2.0 or 3.0? Also try a different port moving it from front/side to rear or vice versa. Your coworker might be using 3.0 instead they are a little more robust & reliable. The power drain on the usb port is probably knocking the radio out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users