Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mini itx

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

i'm going to try and build my first mini-itx system... i have the case - - a cute little bitfenix number, and some random parts, but i still need the big three: CPU, MOBO, and PSU (or should that be CPU, MOBO, and RAM? or and heatsink? screw it). I've been leaning toward asus for the mobo, just because i've had good luck with them in the past, and i'm more of an intel than an AMD person. I don't have the time (or money) to build a full custom liquid cooling system, but i was wondering if anyone has tried building something this size with one of the ready-to-go pre-made liquid cooling units...

Also (and completely unrelated), is it time for me to give up and just switch to win 8 already?

any help would be appreciated

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Serpius

Serpius

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

i'm going to try and build my first mini-itx system... i have the case - - a cute little bitfenix number, and some random parts, but i still need the big three: CPU, MOBO, and PSU (or should that be CPU, MOBO, and RAM? or and heatsink? screw it). I've been leaning toward asus for the mobo, just because i've had good luck with them in the past, and i'm more of an intel than an AMD person. I don't have the time (or money) to build a full custom liquid cooling system, but i was wondering if anyone has tried building something this size with one of the ready-to-go pre-made liquid cooling units...

Also (and completely unrelated), is it time for me to give up and just switch to win 8 already?

any help would be appreciated

Defanged,

Not knowing exactly what your budget is, it would be helpful for us if you can give us an idea what your budget is.

Also, this Bitfenix case, can you give us the model of the case? Is it Phenom? or Colossus?

The reason I am asking is because some ITX cases can accept ATX power supply units.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users