Hello there and thanks for your time.
I am in windows XP and I can't seem to access the internet as when I open Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, the page can not be displayed.
In chrome, I get the error message "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" for any website I try access. I have already tried "ipconfig/flushdns" and "netsh winsock reset" and the problem remains. I have tried changing my DNS from being automatically assigned, to being manually assigned to 188.8.131.52 (which I believe to be google's public dns) and still no luck.
My problem seems to differ from other problems posted about this error message as it is happening in every browser, not just chrome, and the usual fixes don't work for me.
This started happening after I used an application called "freefixer" to remove some unnecessary processes and I think I may have accidentally deleted something, causing my problem.
I have tried system restore but I get a message saying that I cannot restore to the previous state and no changes have been made. I have also tried resetting the router with no luck.