Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not bootup in normal mode. Okay in safe mode.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dumafach

dumafach

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

I do not know what I did but now I can not start up my computer. I had a tv for monitor. I changed that back out and put back in my HP monitor that came with computer. When I started computer I did not notice it had started the chkdisk program. I looked up to see I had 2 seconds to stop it. I did not make it. I found the second disk I added was bad. I shut down computer and removed the second disk. Previously I changed the power supply and the video card. I can start up in safe mode but not normal. It will check for disk and then start up and then the monitor will shut down. No signal shows before it shuts down, This may be simple fix but I do not know. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

Sounds like it may be your graphics driver, video device, or a windows update (or something similar).

Try uninstalling your graphics card driver in safe mode and see if the screen stays on when you boot into regular mode.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users