Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Somehow Uninstalled USB Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ReverseCold

ReverseCold

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

Hello! Today I plugged in a mouse I haven't used in a while, and it didn't work. I then tried to connect it to other computers, and it worked without installing ANY drivers (plug and play). So, I went into device manager and saw that it was showing up as "USB OPTICAL MOUSE" with a yellow exclamation mark next to it. Trying to update the drivers automatically results in this screen.  I went into the Inf folder and right clicked the right driver and clicked install only to get ANOTHER error. I copied the driver out of the folder and it installed successfully, so I thought there might be a problem with the Inf folder. I copied the contents of the WHOLE inf folder and dumped it in a folder on my desktop and got the same error. So at this point I have no idea what the problem is and how to fix it.

Here's some stuff that may help.

Razer Blade - Speccy Specs

Link to Mouse on Amazon

Thanks,

ReverseCold

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

Do a System Restore.  Hopefully this will resolve this problem.

What you should have done was to uninstall the driver in the Device Manager, restart the computer and let Windows install a new driver for this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dinodod

dinodod

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

Is this PC from HP or dell or did you have it custom built?

If the mouse plugged in the front USB ports, can you try the rear or vice versa?

Essential Tools for safe computing

https://sites.google.com/site/dinodod/pc-standards

Please leave a comment on anything relative and help me expand on it.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

@dinodod

Using the information in the Speccy it looks like this is a Razer, Blade gaming notebook.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users