Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

plsapp.dll found, cannot remove due to lack of internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rainman400

rainman400

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

So, I have seen this problem crop up the forums and tried to follow the steps people have taken. But I also realized that sometimes it works on a case by case basis.

Anyway in summary, I did a silly thing and clicked on a link that I should not have clicked on. I realized my mistake and immediately ran the MalwareBytes AntiMalware software, which placed plsapp.dll and plsapp64.dll on quarantine, which it tried to remove on reboot.

Now, I cannot connect to the internet and the 2 files are still in the system. I have tried downloading and running some of the software(like JRT, TFC and adcleaner) but they all seem to want to update, which it cant because of no internet. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome, because that is my working computer and I am sort of at a loss without it :(

If more information is required, I would be happy to supply it. Thanks! 

Edited by hamluis, 21 March 2015 - 12:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hello, and Welcome

plsapp.dll Sendori, LLC
This is part of the Sendori web browser toolbar and extension that will modify the browser's default search provider, DNS, and home page functions. The module plsapp64.dll by Sendori has been detected as adware by 11 anti-malware scanners. This file is typically installed with the program PureLeads by Sendori, LLC which is a potentially unwanted software program.
It's possible the removal by malwarebytes damaged Winsock.
Type CMD in the search box and Right Click > Run As Administrator. Type the following at the prompt and then enter.
netsh winsock reset

Reboot and see if you can connect. Also check that you are obtaining a DNS automatically.

#3 rainman400

rainman400
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

Yay! Awesome! 

So, I did get that error message saying that my winsock was corrupted.

I removed the plsapp.dll file using lspfix. So, now I can connect to the internet. I am not sure I have taken care of the threat completely though. I still have a feeling its lurking somewhere because of random ads that keep popping up. 

I am running adwcleaner as we speak. So hopefully that takes care of it.

Thank you for your time! I really appreciate the help :) 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:20 AM

Nice to hear you now have internet. After Adwcleaner and JRT do a scan with HitmanPRO.

#5 rainman400

rainman400
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

Oh snap! That cleared out a lot of stuff that the other software could not find.. pretty awesome! And things seem to be working fine now too ! thanks man !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users