Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google page issue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ron316

ron316

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

i have this weird problem when i try and type something in the google bar in the middle of the page it disappears and i have to type in the top task bar to search the net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hi,
Please specify the browser you used when this problem occured.
If it is chrome turn off instant search
Ref : https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/186645?hl=en
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Yes it is chrome i will check when i get home
Thanks for the help

#4 dinodod

dinodod

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

The google bar in the middle of the page?  You mean the search box, right?

Are you running any internet filters?  Does this happen in IE or another browser?  Have you tried resetting your settings in Chrome back to default?  Are you running any extensions that require development mode to be enabled?  

Do you have another windows account to test?  if not, make one as a standard user and try that.  

Essential Tools for safe computing

https://sites.google.com/site/dinodod/pc-standards

Please leave a comment on anything relative and help me expand on it.

#5 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

ya the bar in the middle of the page no this just happens  in google chrome

#6 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

i reset it same thing

#7 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

Did you try turning off instant search? This feature searches on google as you type the keywords.
Also turn off search term suggestions. Ref: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95656?hl=en
Also try starting chrome without addons (incognito or manually disable one by one).
If above steps didnt help you may have to create a new user profile for chrome.
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#8 dinodod

dinodod

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Nikhil_CV,

I never heard of Instant search disabling the search box in google's page.  or for that matter any issues with the instant search,  I'd like to read more about these issues if you have the information on that.

Thanks

Essential Tools for safe computing

https://sites.google.com/site/dinodod/pc-standards

Please leave a comment on anything relative and help me expand on it.

#9 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

I had to eliminate both features from being suspected to cause / interfere with what you type in search box in the chrome's start page.
Hence I suggested that.

#10 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

ill have to go thru thr laptop because its only that computer that does it my other one with same account is fine. thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users