Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep Mode and Roaring Fan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gibsgoinpro

gibsgoinpro

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

The other day I clicked the mouse button to wake up my computer that had been in sleep mode for probably a day or more. I don't remember ever having a problem. But after waking it with mouse click the what I believe to be as the fan started being louder than I had ever heard it and stated that way until I shut down. It must have been going as fast as it could go and spinning hard cause it sounded like there was so much stress from it being so loud it made me think it would break. Thing is everytime I wake it from sleep mode it does this now. Also every other time I shut down and turn on computer it is that loud as well with times in between it's normal sounding.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

what kind of computer are we talking about here? laptop or desktop? and do you know the specs or brand/model number?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 gibsgoinpro

gibsgoinpro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/11/2013
       Machine name: 
   Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
       System Model: Vostro 400
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 3198MB RAM
          Page File: 3456MB used, 3170MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

usually, if the fan is kicking on full speed its because the system is running hot. Download Coretemp, and tell me what your temperatures are. It could also be a malfunctioning fan or BIOS error, but lets look at the temps first.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 illestrate

illestrate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

Which fan is it?  Case fan?  CPU Fan?  Could be that the bearings in the Fan are going bad then you just gotta replace it.  If the temps are in the appropriate level, and the computer does not shut down due to overheating then check the fan itself.  

#6 gibsgoinpro

gibsgoinpro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

Ok will download coretemp and will see which fan it is. I'm not great at knowing computer parts.

How do I tell which fan is which? I believe there is a fan that is part of my graphics card. Is there a fan that's part of the power supply?

What about a sleep settings problem? The fans and sounds are normal EVERY OTHER time I start up the computer. It's happened in the past where it gets real loud but it corrects itself and it always happened and this time too when I clicked mouse to get out of sleep mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users