Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verifying DMI Pool

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 derpitis

derpitis

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Helping a friend set up some computer parts and running into an issue where it says "Verifying DMI Pool" for a while then says failed to load drive

Motherboard: (since this pertains to the mobo issue this could be of use)

gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+

All thats connected is the HDD no dvd/cd or other hdds

So far we've tried swapping to different sata ports on the mobo

Resetting the CMOS by removing the battery for a long period of time

Setting proper boot device order

I personally want to pull my hair out not because of the issue but because this friend has no patience and gets extremely frustrated at the issues and makes me want to scream in agony at them getting bleepy =.=

Any other ideas? The comptuer was working just fine a few months ago and then put as is in the closet until sold to this person and now suddenly when putting it back together this error occurs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

Before the OS tries to load you should have the ability to go into the BIOS screen and try choosing ' load performance defaults '

#3 derpitis

derpitis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

Before the OS tries to load you should have the ability to go into the BIOS screen and try choosing ' load performance defaults '

Sorry I forgot to mention that before restarting the CMOS by removing the battery we also did try to do a "Fail-safe default" bios settings

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

What version of windows is this try hooking up the dvd drive and putting in the windows disk and there should be an option for repair windows.

#5 derpitis

derpitis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

What version of windows is this try hooking up the dvd drive and putting in the windows disk and there should be an option for repair windows.

Windows 7, I'll give it a whirl and see but this was a last resort option simply because I don't see how a windows install can brick it's self when it was working then powered off for shipping and stopped owrking magically, yaknow? Just seems a bit far fetched but for sure worth a shot.

#6 Serpius

Serpius

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

Windows 7, I'll give it a whirl and see but this was a last resort option simply because I don't see how a windows install can brick it's self when it was working then powered off for shipping and stopped owrking magically, yaknow? Just seems a bit far fetched but for sure worth a shot.

Derp,

Have you tried using a working hard drive?

Take that one that is in the PC out now and put in a different working hard drive and see if the problem shows up again.

If the problem does not show up, then you know there's a bad hard drive (the 1st one).

If the problem does show up, then more than likely the original hard drive needs to be re-partitioned and reformatted once again. 

Put the 1st hard drive back in and do the re-partitioning and reformatting.

Then install Win 7.

#7 illestrate

illestrate

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Seems like a hardware issue.  Start with basics check configurations what is the Drive Controller mode set to?  If its on IDE try switching it AHC in BIOS/CMOS settingsI?  Check the RAM if its good if you have a spare or one at a time, reseat it.  

Edited by illestrate, 24 March 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#8 derpitis

derpitis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

Thanks guys, got it figured out, the weirdest stuff can happen totally coincidentally. Somehow in the few months the computer sat unused and unplugged the hdd died so using a different one resolved all the issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users