Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot connect to view my remote security cameras

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 viley

viley

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

I ah trying to use my new computer to view a feed from my remote security cameras. 

computer is an HP Pavilion notebook  17-f078ca  running 8.1

the router is ZyXEL model VSG 1432  

wireless connection  distance to router is immaterial

The camera images are transmitted wirelessly from the remote location, then connected to the router in the house. I am able to view the cameras on two other wireless computers here in the house but when I try to connect on this new computer using the IP address for the cameras, which is also wireless, I get an error code  err_connection_refused.  HP support tells me I have a network problem. I am totally lost here and need help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

err_connection_refused usually means you put in the wrong account or password to access them

can you ping that ip address successfully?

Edited by Wand3r3r, 24 March 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#3 viley

viley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

No, when I put the IP address in I get a list of linksys routers etc. I am trying to reach my Bosch 400/600 camera feed

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

Bosch has their own software.  You using this?

Are you using the camera's lan ip to try to connect via the internet?

#5 viley

viley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

Yes I'm using the Bosch software. I'm not sure how to use the camera's lan ip. 

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

What operating system are the other computers? Are you able to ping the IP address of your DVR from the new laptop? According to the manual for your DVR you should enter the IP of the DVR in your browser, when connecting for the first time it will prompt you to install OCX software. After installing the software it will ask you for your log in information. If you are not receiving the notice to install the OCX software try putting the IP address of the DVR in the Compatibility View Settings list under tools in Internet explorer (note to view the "Tools" menu press the ALT key in Internet Explorer)

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users