Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD only shows recovery files!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thanker

thanker

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

Hi everyone!

I had a yoga 2 pro with a 256gb 50mm msata samsung ssd. Technician came to change the keyboard bezel and ended up breaking just about everything. They tried replacing the system board twice. 

Eventually they gave me a new yoga 2 pro and said that I could take the SSD out. I took it out, bought an enclosure, had a hell of a time getting it in lots of pressing). Connected it via USB 3.0 and all I can see is one drive (it originally had 2, a Windows8_OS (Csmile.gif  drive and a Lenovo D drive which was an OEM recovery partition. 

The one drive that I can see is a lenovo drive with applications and drivers (the recovery drive I guess) 

Any advice on how I can view the C drive so I can copy the data onto my new yoga? 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hi again thanker :)

It looks like your other thread got deleted. To attach the screenshot I asked you to provide, click on More Reply Options and under the text area, you'll have the Choose Files... option to attach your screenshot.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 thanker

thanker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Here you go.

Attached Files

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

It looks like there's 4 drives connected at the moment, C:, D:, E: and F:. I assume that Disk 0 if your new HDD and Disk 1 is your old one? It have the E: letter, so you can access it via the Windows Explorer.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 thanker

thanker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Thank you so much Aura! 

Somehow I didn't notice it I guess.  I could swear it wasn't showing up.  I see it now though. 

I drilled down into users and got to all of my files!  I had them all backed up anyway but didn't feel like downloading forever. 

I'm curious, why do you do this?  I'm assuming you don't get paid for it.  Do you just like to help people with their tech issues?

Thanks again!

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

Because its my in real life job and I like helping others in a way I'm good at. It keeps me busy and also I can still learn a lot of it despite working in the domain :)

And glad that I could be of assistance, my pleasure :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users