Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downgrading from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 7 Pro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 3ajku

3ajku

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

I know i is possible to do for free, but everyway i have tried online has not worked.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

I have answer your question multiple times there is only one way to restore your computer back to a previous version of Windows using the Windows.OLD folder.

How to restore a Windows 7-based computer to a previous Windows installation by using the Windows.old folder https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971760

Posted Image

#3 3ajku

3ajku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

No, you don't understand, im trying to use Windows 8 Pro Downgrade rights on an OEM Laptop to downgrade to windows 7 Pro for free. I know you can do it, but the guides i've found online do not seem to work for me.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Install Windows 7 call Microsoft for Activation. Make sure your create recovery disks for Windows 8 first, if the computer didn't come with Install disks. You will also need to download all the drivers for your computer from the manufactures website. Many will be included with Windows but you won't know untill your done.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 21 March 2015 - 02:17 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:14 AM

No, you don't understand, im trying to use Windows 8 Pro Downgrade rights on an OEM Laptop to downgrade to windows 7 Pro for free. I know you can do it, but the guides i've found online do not seem to work for me.

Visit below link for microsoft website to understand downgrade rights.

Understanding downgrade rights http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/downgrade_rights.aspx

Edited by FreeBooter, 22 March 2015 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

Just do what Sneakycyber has suggested.  It's really that simple.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 3ajku

3ajku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

What the problem for me is i can't get to the phone activation part, i had used my old Win7 Pro key that is currently in use to try to get to that part, but it accepted the key, so right now i have to pcs running win 7 pro using the same key, both have a valid activation, although i don't know how long that will last.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Unless this is a Windows 7 Volume License you are breaking the forum rule above.

This being the case, I can no longer help you. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

This topic is closed...if you have any questions about the closure, please pass such to me via PM.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users