Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Control Windows Tablet from Windows PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manO.D.impossible

manO.D.impossible

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

I imagine this topic may be among the more unique topics to be posted here, but if you kindly would, please indulge me.

I currently own both a Windows 8.1 tablet and a Windows XP netbook. About a week ago, I told myself, "You know, it'd be cool if you could turn the tablet into a server and have the netbook act as the client. You could get a bit more life out of the netbook if you could remotely control the tablet." (Yes, I do realize that "a bit more life" is analogous to hooking my netbook up to life support. That's why I asked you to indulge me, yeah.) 

After doing extensive research on routers/modems, HDMI cables and related adapters and mirroring software, I figured I should get VNC mirroring software and establish a VPN between my tablet and my netbook. However, it recently dawned on me that I would still have to connect my netbook to the internet, assuming that I don't have an alternative network connection.

If possible, I would like to keep my netbook offline (as you can imagine), so I would like to see if anyone has any advice to make a rough idea an actual reality.

Vahn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 333OnlyHalfEvil

333OnlyHalfEvil

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

Not sure if this is the answer you're looking for or not but you could try splashtop streamer. Install splashtop streamer and the client on both machines and you'll be able to remotely control one machine with the other and vice versa. It's free if you're on the same network but costs something if you're doing it through the internet (it's cheap though, like $20 a year or something like that).

#3 ajoyna1

ajoyna1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

doing extensive research on routers/modems, HDMI cables and related adapters and mirroring software, I figured I should get VNC mirroring software and establish a VPN between my tablet and my netbook. However, it recently dawned on me that I would still have to connect my netbook to the internet, assuming that I don't have an alternative network connection.

watson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users