Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PhotoDraw V2 is no longer recognized by Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JimConsidine

JimConsidine

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hi. About a month or so ago, Windows 7 installed a massive, mandatory update I lost a lot of the functionality of the 17 year old program, PhotoDraw V2. 

I'm lucky I have been able to use it for all these years, but now, Microsoft no longer recognizes itself as the publisher which disables me from right-clicking on a file in Explorer and choose PhotoDraw as an "open with" option. I just reinstalled the program and regained some of the capabilities (e.g. editing a PNG file). One of the charms of PhotoDraw is it's ability to create and edit PNG files, so without it, my photo & graphic restorations are effected. I can work backwards and open PhotoDraw, click file, etc. which slows the process down, especially when you have to repeat the steps when saving the completed file.

Is there a fix so that I can stretch the utility of this program for another couple of years.

Thanks.

P.S. There is a small army of people like me who still use PhotoDraw V2. If you need evidence, try buying a used copy on eBay, where it sells for more than it originally did ($99.00) when it was released.

Edited by hamluis, 20 March 2015 - 12:27 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Graphics Design - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Are you running it in Compatibility Mode?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users