Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Development

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 abedsith

abedsith

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

i am intrested in developing web site for telecommunication companies.....what should i study fot that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

Hi abedsith,
:welcome: to BC Community.
Based on the level of knowledge, you must choose your path.
The best advice to a novice user is start with www.w3schools.com/ . They have a lot of guides and live test environment for testing what you studied. Learn basic HTML tags, progress with CSS and javascript. Thats enough for foundation and little above.
Then study for asp.net (microsoft) or php to gain a authorised certification..
Lastly, but not least, you need a mind of an artist / designer, must try the developer tools of your browser to view the codes of the webpages that you like the most.
Tools of use are Adobe CS suite, Joomla etc.
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 abedsith

abedsith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:29 AM

Thanks Nickhal for the advice.....but i already studied HTML, HTML5, XHMTL but not certificated, so i love to be accredited for such courses

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi,
W3schools offer some sort of certification.
Ref : www.w3schools.com/cert
Microsoft :
MTA HTML5: microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-98-375.aspx

MCSD: microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-certification.aspx

ASP .net:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-515#tab2
ACE from adobe:
training.adobe.com/certification.html
Oracle OCJP: http://java.sun.com/new2java/articles/certification.html
You should be proficient in any scripting languages like python/javascript/ruby etc.
There may be other certifications too, but these are from well known vendors. (that means, expect to shed good money in any one cert path which suits you.)

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 24 March 2015 - 08:28 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 BoomBapJohn

BoomBapJohn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

So some advice (I know it has been a while since this topic has been posted) when getting into professional Web Development - some mistakes to avoid (I get around to certs I promise):

Becoming a jack of all trades and master of none - specialize in a language (JavaScript likely should not be it unless you plan on becoming a JavaScript wizard which is actually a very desired trait). Which language is debatable and most programmers will spend more time explaining why they think a language is crap than they will to take the time to learn how said language has evolved since they formed their opinion. The best is to go with what is most commonly used in your industry and region.

Focus on learning workflow. No matter what languages you choose or path you take: source control, project management, understanding deploying to web servers as well as their configuration - all of these things are critical and will affect the quality of your programming along with retention and depth of knowledge. Learning how to work in a team environment using Git for source control is a great way to grow as a developer. It allows you to explore without risk of breaking what you have declared to be something you want to keep. If you take the PHP route (as is most common outside of Java and .NET development) - hxxp://www.phptherightway.com/ - this is a wonderful source.

It is very beneficial to be building a portfolio online as you learn concepts such as Git. You can use sites such as BitBucket if you want to keep your code private, until you want to show off your portfolio or collaborate (you can swap between the two), or you can use GitHub but you have to pay if you don't want to show your code. This assuming you want repositories in the cloud.

The thing is that without a solid portfolio, a certification is not going to get you very far in the development industry period. Even a BS in CompSci will lose to a solid portfolio. So: 

- Read books such as "cracking the coding interview" - This is absolutely critical

- Specialize in something that is lucrative in public, private, large and small sized companies, (e.g. PHP, SQL, Python, C#) - but of course that you enjoy.

I am not saying do not get a certification, but I am saying that it will be easier to get a job as well as further define what you love to do the most within web dev (and thus which certs fit you best) if you learn as you develop a portfolio at the same time you explore workflows. During this process if you find something that grabs your interest, just dig deep. An expert is generally someone who knows more and more about less and less.

#6 Mannclann

Mannclann

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

Many years ago, when I was in the Navy, I was a Programmer/Analyst. I did get some schooling but a great majority was on the job training with a group of amazing people. In those days I wrote in COBOL. Still some mainframes that use that today but not many programmers still know the language, unless you are getting old like me.

Over the years I have have pretty much specialized in WordPress sites. I sometimes call myself a developer but really am more of a designer. In today's world if you are going to freelance then I believe it's better to have a team of people to call on for specific processes. If freelancing is what you want then I don't believe that any real "certification" is necessary. Just build a portfolio and inform prospective clients what you can do, mainly what your team can do, and make SURE they are reliable and expert in their specific specialty (php, sql, javascript, java, etc.). 

If you are going into the corporate world then a certification may come in handy but you could end up being stuck in a specific type of position. I guess it just depends on what your goals are. Good luck, either way.

#7 Amrarul

Amrarul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

hi there, please let me know, how  can I start my career in It because I been graduated electronics and communication with master in sustainable power technology but I don't have any professional experience job yet. Now I want to change my career field in IT. Please give me advise how can I start now.

Many thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users