Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Editing and making art using GIMP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

Hey folks

Long time no thread ey ?

Anyhow; I use GIMP as my art program, I mostly do picture edits, updates, manips, you name it. Anyhow, I got a list of projects, and they include WINGS to an image

So, I get to work; and lately, GIMP has been working quite good for me, at least until I get to the point I want to add the wings, and then it crashes. this is basically what happens step by step....

1: I work on the piece to the point I want it at

2: I select file -> Open as Layers -> image in question

3: GIMP blackscreens completely, I wait less then a minute

4: popup of "GIMP has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvience, if you were in the middle of something, all progress may be lost. Send error report/dont send ?"

5: I click dont send, GIMP shuts itself down completely, forcing me to restart it

I am at my wits end, my laptop cannot run any other art program other than GIMP

Any advice of how to avoid the crashes from occuring ?

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

I would suggest uninstall and reinstall of Gimp.

Also, Gimp also requires a lot of computer resources, (I cannot run Gimp on one of my machines because it does not have the processing power or enough RAM). See this helpful article How to Set Your Tile Cache

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users