Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Font Problem In Windows Me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BurkeGoBoom

BurkeGoBoom

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:59 PM

On my WinME machine, sometimes text just shows up as squares. I can't really pinpoint what certain fonts or variants of those fonts show up as just squares, but in general, bold and italics seem to not work for me... but I can see everything on this page just fine. It only becomes a problem with installers and in my Trillian buddy list.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:50 PM

On my WinME machine, sometimes text just shows up as squares. I can't really pinpoint what certain fonts or variants of those fonts show up as just squares, but in general, bold and italics seem to not work for me... but I can see everything on this page just fine. It only becomes a problem with installers and in my Trillian buddy list.

Sorry the fix i had for you does not apply to ME.

Edited by bicycle bill, 01 July 2006 - 07:55 PM.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:55 PM

You may have some corrupted fonts, or some that are missing. Here's a page that will give you some info about fonts and what to do about missing ones. (Re-install over-the-top) But you may be able to put back fonts that are missing. If you could find another system and copy them, you could stick them back in the fonts folder. Do you know which fonts aren't displaying?

If you've uninstalled anything like a Compaq keyboard manager, that could be what caused the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users