Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Quickcam Web Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

So I pulled out an old Logitech Quickcam Web for my brother to do stop motion animation with. Obviously it wasn't the best quality but my brother didn't care. He successfully did this once before on our Windows XP computer before we upgraded. But when I plugged in the device into the computer, surprise surprise, no driver found. So I googled it up and apparently Logitech says that they discontinued support for the Logitech Quickcam Web therefore the drivers for it are not compatible with Windows 7. Well naturally I didn't believe that crap, so to make a long story short, I was able to find and install the drivers for the Logitech Quickcam Web. After I was done I tested it using the Logitech Software and HEY it works, but still one thing is missing. The Microphone Driver for the Webcam doesn't work. I went into Device Manager and installed it manually but then I get the error "A service section in this INF is invalid". How do I modify the INF file for the microphone driver to allow it to work with Windows 7. I attached the driver files in a ZIP including the INF file for you guys to take a look at. Please tell me how to modify the INF file to allow it to properly install in Windows 7, I know it is possible, I just don't know how.

Thanks,

-Benjamin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

You can try the Vista driver and use compatibility mode, no guarantees though.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users