Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE Firefox Chrome Browser Displaying Ads by SaleItCoupon as well as popup ads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ihopeidonthavearkit

ihopeidonthavearkit

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Sony

VGN-FW351J

All my browsers display ads by SaleItCoupon and SoftCoup and less2pay at the top of webpages. Visiting these pages on another laptop and those same ads do not appear.

Sometimes when I open up a new browser window and try to navigate to a page a pcfixit window will popup over the content and also will play a voice message asking me to call a phone number 855 579-9306 to fix a privacy breach, lol.

After closing this ad the browser will hang and become unresponsive.

I tried to uninstall all the browser add-ons. But the only thing that changed is that when they do display the ads sometimes the ads are blank.

I also updated Windows and Adobe Flash.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sboden

sboden

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Probably same of very similar as what I'm having on the laptop of a girlfried: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570267/problem-removing-advertising-supportcomads-by-ad-browser/

Let me guess... your pc is also becoming very slow... and there's a small url below the ads you can click on. malware scanners won't find anything.

#3 ihopeidonthavearkit

ihopeidonthavearkit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

It's actually my Mom's laptop. I uninstalled anything that was running in the taskbar so Windows isn't that slow anymore.

All the ads do have a "Powered by savingtoyou" url on the bottom of them.

Any webpage I go to will have at least 2 pop overs on the screen as well as multiple embedded ads on the webpage itself.

If any of the ads have flash running, after a while the whole browser locks up.

Seems like these things are all related to coupon software.

#4 sboden

sboden

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:13 AM

Search on these forums for "saleitcoupon" ... you'll find a couple of threads... external to this site http://malwaretips.com/blogs/saleit-coupon-removal/

In your case malwarebytes would seem to clean the infection, but maybe better also make a post on the "malware removal log" forum on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users