Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Burnning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 biferibiferi

biferibiferi

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

I want to Burn Folders to my DL  DVDs and they are large files.

So I need to Span the DVDs.

So I got Infra Recorder FREE and they say it can Span Discs.

I loaded all my Folders into the Burn Screen and clicked Burn and it told me it Burnning Failed.

I went into all the settings for Infra Recorder and looked for Disc Span and found nothing.

All my Files are about 3 GB in size but I have a lot of them so Disc Spanning will help a lot?

Can anyone help how do I do Disc Span with Infra Recorder?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hi, not an expert here, but I saw tis and thought it may help.

http://hcidesign.com/dvdspan/manual.html

If no one else replies here, I may move this to Audio/Video.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

If all of your files are about 3gb in size, why do you need to span them? A DVD holds about 7gb of data. Also, is a USB stick an option? If I have to move a large set of files, 30 to 40gb, then I just use a USB stick.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 biferibiferi

biferibiferi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

Some of my Files are about 3.40 GB and some are about 4 GB.

But I have I would say around 90 or so Files.

Thanks for the help.

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

CDBurnerXP may be what  you are looking for.

http://www.howtogeek.com/76264/how-to-burn-data-across-multiple-dvd-or-cd-discs/

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

I would suggest that if you are trying to burn files to DVDs for storage (not because they are video files you want to play on a tv or other device which is not a full computer) then 7z might be a good option. It is available from somewhere in the downloads section of this site i beleive. It can take a large file and put it into a split archive. You should be able to specify to make each archive it is split across small enough to fit on a single DVD. Obviously if you will need to get all the DVDs together and use 7z to combine the archives from them when you want to get the file within them back, so a file split across discs like this couldn't be used in any device which was not capabel of running 7z.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users