Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd Monitors And Native Resolution

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CharlieB

CharlieB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

I have an old 19" Viewsonic CRT which still works fine, but I am getting the itch to free some desk space with an LCD monitor.

I would love to get a 20.1" (not wide screen) size LCD, but the native resolution for most 20.1" LCDs is 1600x1200. I really don't like that small a typeface and much prefer 1280x960 or even 1024x768.

I've heard that monitors with high native resolutions like 1600x1200 tend to look chunky and ragged when run at resolutions as low as 1024x768.

So what should I do? Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:15 AM

That rumor is pure nonsense. The higher the native resolution is then the better the lower resolutions will look.

I have a typical 17 inch Samsung with 1280 X 1024 max (native) resolution that I run at 1024 X 768 and it looks great.

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

I use a 19" Mag Innovision LCD that looks great at 1152x864. ( My Xpress 200 can do whacky resoltuions )
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users