Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Laptop replacement cover Touch vs non-touch?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mnbvcxz35

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Hello guys so I just got my new lenovo y50-70 laptop Hooray! Bad news, it had a broken left side hinge that slightly cracked the plastic bits of the back cover, Manufacturer refuses to take it back. A month later the problem just sky rockets and it's falling apart.

My cousin repairs computers and said if I buy the parts he'll do it for free. Now, I don't have much experience with computer parts and I have a touch screen model and was wondering if companies usually manufacture a difference between the non-touch back case and touch back case. I found both on ebay and they look identical expect ones from China and ones from Texas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Non-touch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orig-Lenovo-Y50-70-15-6-LCD-Back-Cover-AM14R000400-black-Non-touch-US-/361225422195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541ab68573

touch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Orig-Lenovo-Y50-70-15-6-inch-Top-Lcd-Rear-Back-Cover-for-Touch-AM14R000300-/121544665484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4ca0698c

Edited by mnbvcxz35, 18 March 2015 - 07:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

I prefer non touch displays.  But I guess this would be a personal preference of mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users