Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Memory Usage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Derptator

Derptator

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

Hello Bleepingcomputer.com! I just spent like 20 minutes writing a post and then the issue I am talking about caused chrome to just not work with me and I lost all the things I had typed! I'm gonna cut it short this time. 

Anyways. Basically on my roughly 2 year old computer I have high memory usage for no reason and it's slowing down my computer where it's gotten to the point that even opening skype can bring it to a grinding halt. I've tried fixing it myself and can't do it. I've spent countless hours trying to fix it and I just can't, so I need the help of someone who's better with computers than I am to help me. I've run virus scans and memory diagnostics and a crap ton of other things to try to figure out what's wrong and I can't figure it out. I've been dealing with this for a few months and it just keeps getting worse, it used to never use much even when running bigger programs, but things I could run before now I can't because something is hogging way too much memory.. If anyone would be willing to take the time to work with me to help fix my computer I'd be very grateful.

Attached File  Screenshot (5).png   331.92KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

Welcome,

Let's start with the basics, what are the specs on your system - hardware and software?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users