Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router model number suffix

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RF_artist

RF_artist

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

I've been looking for a new router, and the Netgear WNDR4500 looks interesting. 

One online retailer has it listed as a WNDR4500-100NAS, another has it listed as a WNDR4500-100PAS.  Still another has it listed as WNDR4500V1.

On the Netgear website, I found some info on V1, (and V2 and V3) but can not find anything to explain what the -`100NAS' and/or '-100PAS' mean.  Any ideas?  Any opinions on this router?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/whats-difference-between-pas-nas-versions-netgear-wndr4500-router-1208188/

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 RF_artist

RF_artist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for that CaveDweller2.  But US vs European really doesn't make sense in relation to what I am seeing on the retailer sites. 

I emailed Netgear Support, asking specifically about -100PAS verse -100NAS, and the reply only told me about v1, v2 and v3 versions. 

The mystery remains.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

Like all routers those v1 v2 v3 = versions of hardware. If you are asking what's different about the versions that's different. but PAS and NAS = the power each can handle.

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 RF_artist

RF_artist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

Finally got a reply from Netgear that directly answered the question. 

"With regards to your query, the NAS and PAS on WNDR4500-100NAS and the WNDR4500-100PAS is a marketing tagging that shows where the device is to be sold. To be more specific, WNDR4500-100NAS is sold in North America."

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

So did my link. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users