Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guild Wars

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:01 PM

Hi, Ive been looking for a realy good MMORPG and ive heard some good things about Guild Wars i was just wondering if someone could maybe name off a few ineresting things that make the game so good and if you would recomend me getting it. Any feed back would be nice thanks.

Osiris
I can only learn what i want to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:56 PM

http://guildwars.com/

That could aid as well.

#3 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

^_^ thanks this helps alot.
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#4 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:17 AM

ive been playing guild wars for quite a while now and it is an excellnt game the 2 main things that make it different to most mmo's is the fact that there is no monthly payment to pay, and because you can only go up to lvl 20 its alot more about how good you actually are at the game and not how long you have played for and how much money you have got (although this helps :thumbsup: ) theres a big PVP part to guild wars too you dont even have to make a PVE character if you dont want too. but the thing that i like about guild wars is that theres practically no scamming (at least not major scams like in other games.)

if you do start playing give me PM through bleeping computer ill see about giveing you a hand lvling and getting you into the clan im in if you like.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:47 AM

Yes, Guild Wars (GW) rocks! Best thing is no monthly fees to play! World of Warcraft costs $15 per month to play! :thumbsup: There's seldom any lag, unless you're on dial up, but choosing a district with fewer people in it can help the dial up lag (choose district 2 instead of district 1 if available). Other than that, conk pretty much nailed it. It's a fun game, specially if you get a good group together, or get into a helpful clan.

I've got 3 lvl 20's (N/MO, W/MO, MO/ME) and will be picking up factions in a week or so. If you like, you can add me to your "buddies" (or is it friends?) list. I'm on as one of the following; "Spec Ops Warrior"..."Kungfu Queen"..."Harmful Healing". Holla if you need anything, just lemme know that you've got my name from this site. See you online :flowers:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

Guild Wars is good but if you're willing to pay a monthly fee I suggest World of Warcraft it's just a better game in my opinion.

3939.png

#7 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

ive played both and they are about the same in quality.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#8 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

It's all a matter of taste when it comes to MMORPG's, you'll hate some and love others. Has anyone heard of a MMORPG called Roma Victor? It's due out soon. Graphically, it doesn't look very good, but the concept is great. At least it has no monthly fee. Roma Victor site

3939.png

#9 Crimson_Kitten

Crimson_Kitten

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

GW = <3

#10 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

I am playing GW currently, but there are some bad points to it compared to WOW, which I have played as well.
1. There is almost no crafting; the economic side to the game is shallow.
2. While you don't have to worry about other players stealing your drops (every instance is unique), sometimes targeting NPC enemies is difficult and you "overrun" their moving position.
3. Some of the GUI interface is not intuitive.
4. There is no mail system, so you cannot leave messages or items for other players if they are not on-line.
5. Compared to WOW, for example, chests and drops do not often give you really good stuff.
6. Until you become adept at reading the in-screen maps, you will spend a lot of time taking wrong turns or moving around questionable geographical obstacles.

To the good, though, the area is immense and as pretty, certainly, as WOW. With some practice, you can solo quests if you want to, but there are plenty of players around the towns looking for groups. I am told it is a pretty good PvP game, and if you buy the expansion packs, even more fun.
Cheers,
John (Noble Omen)

Edited by jgweed, 11 June 2008 - 05:36 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users