I am playing GW currently, but there are some bad points to it compared to WOW, which I have played as well.
1. There is almost no crafting; the economic side to the game is shallow.
2. While you don't have to worry about other players stealing your drops (every instance is unique), sometimes targeting NPC enemies is difficult and you "overrun" their moving position.
3. Some of the GUI interface is not intuitive.
4. There is no mail system, so you cannot leave messages or items for other players if they are not on-line.
5. Compared to WOW, for example, chests and drops do not often give you really good stuff.
6. Until you become adept at reading the in-screen maps, you will spend a lot of time taking wrong turns or moving around questionable geographical obstacles.
To the good, though, the area is immense and as pretty, certainly, as WOW. With some practice, you can solo quests if you want to, but there are plenty of players around the towns looking for groups. I am told it is a pretty good PvP game, and if you buy the expansion packs, even more fun.
John (Noble Omen)
Edited by jgweed, 11 June 2008 - 05:36 PM.