Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Program is picking up infected files?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nicolascc

Nicolascc

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

I had a nasty hidden virus a week ago that only Malwarebytes only managed to pick up and delete. But now my computer still has some sort of malware (or possibly trojan) inside that seems to be slowing down my computer a bit and redirecting me to shady websites now and again, the only program to find (or maybe knowledge it) is SpyHunter 4. Problem is that it wants me to pay but I just don't have the money for that right now. So now I'm stuck here trying ever single free program I can get my hands on yet none of them have solved the problem.

Here is a list of programs I have already tried

Avast = Found small problems but not the main problem
SpyHunter 4 = Found all (?) problems but I can't afford to buy it
Hitman Pro = Didn't find anything
Adwcleaner = Didn't find anything
Malwarebytes = Didn't find anything
CCleaner = Did nothing
ComboFix = Didn't find anything
Junk Removal Tool (JTR) = Didn't find anything
RougeCleaner = Found some things but not the main problem
HijackThis = Didn't do anything
SC Cleaner = Didn't do anything
SuperAntiSpyware = Didn't find anything
SpyBot = Found some things but not the main problem
UnHack Me = Didn't find anything
Malwarebytes Anti-Root = Nothing
UnThreat = Didn't find anything
Adaware = Didn't find anything
Adware Removal Tool = Found something but didn't find the main problem

I've tried googling it but no one seems to have the same problem as me. A lot of sites tell me to uninstall it from the control panel except the program was never installed there. I did manage to slowly get rid of some of the problem but even though I'm still getting redirected to sites.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 March 2015 - 11:30 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AAE32

AAE32

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

Spyhunter is a rogue application, Dont trust it. Uinstall it.

Have you reseted your browser web settings to its default settings?

http://www.howtogeek.com/171924/how-to-reset-your-web-browser-to-its-default-settings/

Edited by AAE32, 18 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#3 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

I wouldn’t trust any of the following without recommendations from more advanced members members than me

SpyHunter 4 = Found all (?) problems but I can't afford to buy it

--- Actually that is a very good thing

RougeCleaner = Found some things but not the main problem

SC Cleaner = Didn't do anything

UnHack Me = Didn't find anything

UnThreat = Didn't find anything

Adaware = Didn't find anything

Adware Removal Tool = Found something but didn't find the main problem

In the meantime try

ESET Online Scanner: http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/

For browsers other than Microsoft go to esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer.

--- Save it to your desktop.& open the ESET Smart Installer icon on your desktop and proceed from there

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

If you run any tools suggested by someone please post the logs in this topic. Eset is a good start.

We now return this topic to its intended purpose-helping you with your malware issues.
Your helper will recommend only trusted tools which we know to be legitimate and safe.

#5 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Trust me on this one Nicilascc,  if your having issues come here first thing and get professional help for malware from people specifically trained to help you.  The malware out there these days can be a real nightmare and rarely will just running these programs take care of all of it.

Imo most of the time there are residual traces and the helpers on these forums know how and what processes to follow.  You can really screw up your computer by running all the stuff you listed, ( thats why they always say don't mess with some of them yourself) by the way .

I know the frustration of needing to wait but they will eventually get to you.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

Since you already ran ComboFix due to possible malware infection, its log should be thoroughly reviewed by trained experts before proceeding further. A log should have been created and saved to the root directory (%SystemDrive%), usually C:\ComboFix.txt. Reviewing that log would be helpful in resolving your issue but ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum so we cannot continue here.

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running running running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
-- If no log was created by ComboFix or you cannot post its log, then ignore this part and just post the other requested log(s) as follows.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users