Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which of these services are necessary for Windows XP to run properly?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

- SPECCY reads the SMART attributes from the drive and, in my experience, that "Good" status is not too reliable. So, treat that with a healthy dosis of suspicion.

Edited by Willy22, 21 March 2015 - 12:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hi, Alexstrasza and Willy22!

Just to clarify, I am of course going to use Java; otherwise I would have uninstalled it already. And although my banking has ceased to use Java, at least for logon purposes, this is however certainly not the case for tax returns, so I really have no choice but to stick to Java. Or I can logon without Java, but in stead with an SMS code via my cell phone. But, in any case, in about half a year I am going to buy myself a new computer... :busy:

Regarding Windows Firewall, if I go to Security Center from Control Panel, in the Firewall section, it says; and I quote: "ESET Personal Firewall is currently on."

As for my HDD allegedly being about to fail, maybe hopefully it continues to perform fairly well in this computers foreseeable future...

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 22 March 2015 - 10:11 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#18 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

We can easily check if your hard drive is failing or not :)

JcJ91sx.pngGSmartControl
Follow the instructions below to test your hard drive health with GSmartControl:
  • Download GSmartControl and save it on your Desktop;
  • Extract the content of the GSmartControl .zip archive and execute gsmartcontrol.exe;
  • Identify your drive in the list, and double-click on it to bring up it's window (usually you'll find your drive by it's size or it's brand name);
  • Go in the Perform Tests tab, then select Extended Self-test in the Test type drop-down list and click on Execute (this test can take a few hours to complete);
  • Once the test is over, the results will be displayed at the bottom of the window. Please copy and paste these results in your next reply;
  • Also, go in the Attributes tab and if you have any entries highlighted in red or pink, copy and paste their name in your next reply (or take a screenshot of the GSmartControl window and attach it in your next reply);
    info_failing.png

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#19 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Hi again, Aura.

Thanks for the prompt reply, sir! :)

I just noticed your post, but please can you bear with me for another day, as I unfortunately have an important weekly appointment tomorrow which I have to keep. I will run GSmartControl and get back to you on Tuesday. I hope this is OK with you?

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 23 March 2015 - 10:43 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#20 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

It's all good with me don't worry :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#21 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,059 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

If you must use Java, many security researchers and computer security organizations caution users to limit their usage and to disable Java Plug-ins or add-ons in your browsers.

If you need Java for a specific Web site, consider adopting a two-browser approach. If you normally browse the Web with Firefox, for example, consider disabling the Java plugin in Firefox, and then using an alternative browser (Chrome, IE9, Safari, etc.) with Java enabled to browse only the site(s) that require(s) it.

Krebs On Security: ...Java

To defend against this and future Java vulnerabilities, consider disabling Java in web browsers until adequate updates are available. As with any software, unnecessary features should be disabled or removed as appropriate for your environment.

US CERT: Disable Java in web browsers
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#22 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hi, JohnC_21, Aura., Willy22, Alexstrasza and quietman7.

Thanks to all for the prompt and technical replies! And thanks for sticking with me in this matter!

Finally, I have now uninstalled Java :thumbdown: , because it luckily turns out that I no longer need it. Good riddance! And thanks to every one of you for convincing me! I am sorry for being so stubborn!

Does it matter that there still are several leftover registry entries belonging to Java on my computer (I did a quick search with SystemLook)?

Aura., have you found out what problem my Network Adapter has?

Can you please help me ascertain if my HDD is failing or, hopefully, not?

I downloaded and ran GSmartControl, and here is the log pasted below:

A screenshot of the Attributes tab is also attached below:

Regards,

midimusicman79

GSmartControl log:

smartctl 5.43 2012-06-30 r3573 [i686-w64-mingw32-xp-sp3] (sf-5.43-1)
Copyright © 2002-12 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Model Family:     SAMSUNG SpinPoint P120
Device Model:     SAMSUNG SP2504C
Serial Number:    S09QJ10YB00260
Firmware Version: VT100-33
User Capacity:    250 059 350 016 bytes [250 GB]
Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
Device is:        In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
ATA Version is:   7
ATA Standard is:  ATA/ATAPI-7 T13 1532D revision 4a
Local Time is:    Tue Mar 24 15:51:56 2015 VE

==> WARNING: May need -F samsung3 enabled; see manual for details.

SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

General SMART Values:
Offline data collection status:  (0x82)    Offline data collection activity
                    was completed without error.
                    Auto Offline Data Collection: Enabled.
Self-test execution status:      ( 121)    The previous self-test completed having
                    the read element of the test failed.
Total time to complete Offline
data collection:         ( 4806) seconds.
Offline data collection
capabilities:              (0x5b) SMART execute Offline immediate.
                    Auto Offline data collection on/off support.
                    Suspend Offline collection upon new
                    command.
                    Offline surface scan supported.
                    Self-test supported.
                    No Conveyance Self-test supported.
                    Selective Self-test supported.
SMART capabilities:            (0x0003)    Saves SMART data before entering
                    power-saving mode.
                    Supports SMART auto save timer.
Error logging capability:        (0x01)    Error logging supported.
                    General Purpose Logging supported.
Short self-test routine
recommended polling time:      (   1) minutes.
Extended self-test routine
recommended polling time:      (  80) minutes.

SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16
Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
  1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate     0x000f   100   100   051    Pre-fail  Always       -       10
  3 Spin_Up_Time            0x0007   100   100   025    Pre-fail  Always       -       5952
  4 Start_Stop_Count        0x0032   094   094   000    Old_age   Always       -       6690
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   100   100   010    Pre-fail  Always       -       1
  7 Seek_Error_Rate         0x000f   253   253   051    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
  8 Seek_Time_Performance   0x0025   253   253   015    Pre-fail  Offline      -       0
  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       9944
 10 Spin_Retry_Count        0x0033   253   253   051    Pre-fail  Always       -       0
 11 Calibration_Retry_Count 0x0012   253   002   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
 12 Power_Cycle_Count       0x0032   097   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       3717
190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel 0x0022   148   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       30
194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0022   148   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       30
195 Hardware_ECC_Recovered  0x001a   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       26366781
196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       1
197 Current_Pending_Sector  0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       1
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   0x0030   253   253   000    Old_age   Offline      -       0
199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x003e   200   138   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   0x000a   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
201 Soft_Read_Error_Rate    0x000a   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       0
202 Data_Address_Mark_Errs  0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       2

SMART Error Log Version: 1
ATA Error Count: 2
    CR = Command Register [HEX]
    FR = Features Register [HEX]
    SC = Sector Count Register [HEX]
    SN = Sector Number Register [HEX]
    CL = Cylinder Low Register [HEX]
    CH = Cylinder High Register [HEX]
    DH = Device/Head Register [HEX]
    DC = Device Command Register [HEX]
    ER = Error register [HEX]
    ST = Status register [HEX]
Powered_Up_Time is measured from power on, and printed as
DDd+hh:mm:SS.sss where DD=days, hh=hours, mm=minutes,
SS=sec, and sss=millisec. It "wraps" after 49.710 days.

Error 2 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 997 hours (41 days + 13 hours)
  When the command that caused the error occurred, the device was active or idle.

After command completion occurred, registers were:
  ER ST SC SN CL CH DH
  -- -- -- -- -- -- --
  84 51 01 01 00 00 a0  Error: ICRC, ABRT 1 sectors at LBA = 0x00000001 = 1

Commands leading to the command that caused the error were:
  CR FR SC SN CL CH DH DC   Powered_Up_Time  Command/Feature_Name
  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  ----------------  --------------------
  c8 20 01 01 00 00 a0 00      00:01:28.438  READ DMA
  ef 03 45 01 10 c2 a0 00      00:01:28.375  SET FEATURES [Set transfer mode]
  ef 03 0c 01 10 c2 a0 00      00:01:28.375  SET FEATURES [Set transfer mode]
  c6 da 10 01 4f c2 a0 00      00:01:28.375  SET MULTIPLE MODE
  b0 da 00 01 4f c2 a0 00      00:01:28.313  SMART RETURN STATUS

Error 1 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 197 hours (8 days + 5 hours)
  When the command that caused the error occurred, the device was doing SMART Offline or Self-test.

After command completion occurred, registers were:
  ER ST SC SN CL CH DH
  -- -- -- -- -- -- --
  04 51 00 01 00 00 a0

Commands leading to the command that caused the error were:
  CR FR SC SN CL CH DH DC   Powered_Up_Time  Command/Feature_Name
  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  ----------------  --------------------
  ec 00 00 01 00 00 a0 00      00:00:23.313  IDENTIFY DEVICE
  ec 00 01 01 00 00 a0 00      00:00:23.125  IDENTIFY DEVICE
  00 00 01 01 00 00 a0 00      00:00:06.063  NOP [Abort queued commands]

SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%      9944         -
# 2  Short offline       Completed: read failure       90%      9944         -
# 3  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%      9942         -
# 4  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%      9939         -

Note: selective self-test log revision number (0) not 1 implies that no selective self-test has ever been run
SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 0
Note: revision number not 1 implies that no selective self-test has ever been run
 SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
    1        0        0  Not_testing
    2        0        0  Not_testing
    3        0        0  Not_testing
    4        0        0  Not_testing
    5        0        0  Not_testing
Selective self-test flags (0x0):
  After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.
If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

Attached File  GSmartControl-HDD-SMART-Attributes1.PNG   40.68KB   0 downloads

Edited by midimusicman79, 25 March 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#23 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

Your hard drive will eventually fail. Despite the RAW values of the three highlighted lines being only 1, it means that your hard drive is on the road of failure. I would take a back of your data and buy a new hard drive whenever you can. If you wish on keeping using it, I would take periodic back-up just in case it decides to fail.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#24 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Hi again, Aura.!

Thanks for the prompt reply, sir!

So, pretty bad news for my HDD then... :( Well, I suppose this is the downside of having an old computer. I do realize that I cannot prevent my hard drive from ultimately failing, however I have already scheduled daily backups in order not to loose any important data. And as goes for buying myself a new drive, I think it is hard to find any duplicate or equivalent, and besides, like I stated in post #17, in about half a year I am going to buy myself a new computer... Therefore I wish on keeping it, even though I know it is risky.

I would appreciate that you please answer the two first questions in my previous post, regarding leftover Java registry entries and my Network Adapter.

Thank you very much for the help, sir!

Regards,

midimusicman79

#25 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

I don't see a question related to Java Registry entries. Also, the Network Adapter is your D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G132 Wireless USB Adapter.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#26 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

Hi again, Aura.!

I meant these:

Does it matter that there still are several leftover registry entries belonging to Java on my computer (I did a quick search with SystemLook)?

Aura., have you found out what problem my Network Adapter has?

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 26 March 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#27 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:19 AM

Well do you have Java installed or not now? And leftovers don't really matter. If you want, you're free to reinstall it and uninstall it with a powerful uninstaller so all these entries can be picked up and deleted but that's up to you. And for your Network Adapter, I would need to see if it still throws errors.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#28 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Hi again, Aura.!

No, I do not have Java installed now, like I stated in post #22. Following my own initiative I downloaded Java 7 update 76, reinstalled it, and then I downloaded JavaRa 2.6, uninstalled Java with Windows Installer from within JavaRa, and fully completed the uninstallation with(in) JavaRa, which reported having removed 41 items in the registry. I also uninstalled an outdated version of Netscape Navigator, and afterwards there were actually a few less leftover registry entries belonging to Java on my computer. :thumbup2:

Yes, my Network Adapter still throws errors :( ; and here is the Farbar MiniToolBox log:

Just thought I should mention that prior to making this help request, I have tried several ipconfig- and netsh-commands in an attempt to fix my Network Adapter on my own, but unfortunately to no avail. Please, let me know if you want me to list them.

Regards,

midimusicman79

Farbar MiniToolBox log:

MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 2015-03-09
Ran by Torbjoern Martin (administrator) on 2015-03-26 at 11:13:18
Running from "C:\Documents and Settings\Torbjoern Martin\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (X86)
Model: System Product Name Manufacturer: System manufacturer
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (03/17/2015 11:29:17 AM) (Source: WmiAdapter) (User: BUILTIN)
Description: Cannot open service.

Error: (03/12/2015 00:59:01 PM) (Source: Ci) (User:)
Description: Discovered error 3221225529 in content index c:\inetpub\catalog.wci.

Error: (03/12/2015 00:24:49 PM) (Source: Ci) (User:)
Description: Discovered error 3221225529 in content index c:\inetpub\catalog.wci.

Error: (03/11/2015 11:59:22 AM) (Source: Ci) (User:)

Error: (03/11/2015 11:30:05 AM) (Source: Ci) (User:)

Error: (06/03/2015 11:15:08 AM) (Source: WmiAdapter) (User: BUILTIN)
Description: Cannot open service.

Error: (02/27/2015 03:03:05 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: Error in memory area -1760236204.
Wep key exchange did not a secure connection installation for 802.1x authentication. The current setting is marked as failed, and the wireless connection will be disconnected.

Error: (02/27/2015 03:02:47 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: Faulting application tcpview.exe, version 3.5.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x00010f1e.
Processing media-specific event for [tcpview.exe! Ws!]

Error: (02/27/2015 03:01:44 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: Error in memory area -1760236204.
Wep key exchange did not a secure connection installation for 802.1x authentication. The current setting is marked as failed, and the wireless connection will be disconnected.

Error: (02/27/2015 03:01:30 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: Faulting application tcpview.exe, version 3.5.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x00010f1e.
Processing media-specific event for [tcpview.exe! Ws!]

System errors:
=============
Error: (03/26/2015 10:59:53 AM) (Source: DHCP) (User:)
Description: IP address lease 10.0.0.99 for the network card with network address 00134676C8E3 was
denied by the DHCP server 10.0.0.138 (The DHCP server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Error: (03/25/2015 01:11:13 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User:)
Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds). Waiting for a transaction response from the service RasAuto.

Error: (03/24/2015 08:45:22 AM) (Source: DHCP) (User:)
Description: IP address lease 10.0.0.99 for the network card with network address 00134676C8E3 was

Error: (03/23/2015 04:07:47 PM) (Source: DHCP) (User:)

Error: (03/21/2015 10:24:01 AM) (Source: DHCP) (User:)

Error: (03/20/2015 06:29:57 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User:)
Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds). Waiting for a transaction response from the service wuauserv.

Error: (03/20/2015 06:29:57 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User:)
Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds). Waiting for a transaction response from the service RasAuto.

Error: (03/20/2015 11:28:26 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User:)

Error: (03/20/2015 11:24:13 AM) (Source: DHCP) (User:)

Error: (03/19/2015 11:30:21 AM) (Source: DHCP) (User:)

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (03/17/2015 11:29:17 AM) (Source: WmiAdapter) (User: BUILTIN)
Description:

Error: (03/12/2015 00:59:01 PM) (Source: Ci) (User:)
Description: 3221225529 c:\inetpub\catalog.wci

Error: (03/12/2015 00:24:49 PM) (Source: Ci) (User:)

Error: (03/11/2015 11:59:22 AM) (Source: Ci) (User:)

Error: (03/11/2015 11:30:05 AM) (Source: Ci) (User:)

Error: (06/03/2015 11:15:08 AM) (Source: WmiAdapter) (User: BUILTIN)
Description:

Error: (02/27/2015 03:03:05 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: -1760236204

Error: (02/27/2015 03:02:47 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: tcpview.exe3.5.0.0ntdll.dll5.1.2600.605500010f1e

Error: (02/27/2015 03:01:44 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: -1760236204

Error: (02/27/2015 03:01:30 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User:)
Description: tcpview.exe3.5.0.0ntdll.dll5.1.2600.605500010f1e

**** End of log ****

#29 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:10 AM

After further investigation it seems that there's no real "fix" for that, here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&ProdVer=5.2&EvtID=1002&EvtSrc=DHCP

Since it's small error that doesn't affect the user experience, I guess we can leave it be.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png

#30 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi again, Aura.!

Thanks for the prompt and calming reply, sir!

You are quite right - it is rather normal and not really a cause for concern. :thumbup2:

Thank you for the help, sir!

Feel free to optionally close topic. :)

Regards,

midimusicman79

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users