Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer wont let me do anything unless its opened in a new window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cactar65

cactar65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Let me start off by thanking anyone and everyone that takes the time to read this and respond to it because this issue is frustrating me to no end.

I got home after this weekend, hopped on my computer and tried to search youtube. anytime i search it quickly loads the results screen and as quickly as that screen shows up it reverts back to the homepage. this is the same result with searching for anything, where I'm searching through web addresses, or if i search on google.

To make things even better this isn't just effecting my web browser its effecting everything on my computer. If i try to open an explorer window lets say its my computer and i try to open the c drive it will open for a split second then revert back to the original explorer page. If i try to play music it starts for a second then end's.

Ive ran a few anti malware programs and nothing has turned back any results.
Short list

Tdsskiller, Rkill, Adwarecleaner, JWRcleaner, Malwarebytes, and a couple of others.

Also I'm Running Windows 7 64bit home edition.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and respond if you do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cats3122

cats3122

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

When did this start too happen?

If you have an system restore point before this happened I would suggest restoring to that time.

--============================--

HOW TO RUN A SYSTEM RESTORE:

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

--============================--

Your welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users