Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Outlook 2007 > 2013

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fagan6288

Fagan6288

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

I thought I'd followed the directions I'd read here from several months back re: transferring Outlook 2007 data to Outlook 2013 (i.e., don't use the export/import tool, make a copy and paste it into the documents folder on the new PC, etc.). I copied the Outlook 2007 .pst file to a USB drive and pasted it into the documents folder on the new PC and it looks as if it worked halfway -- that is, all my folders transferred, which was critical to me. Problem is that I'm not receiving any new mail, although I appear to have set up the new account successfully (or so said the automatic test message sent by Outlook after I'd entered the pop and smtp information). There are now two folders in the left menu box in 2013:  one shows my email address and is empty when I click on it, the other says "personal folders" and has all of the folders I transferred from the 2007 account.  The mail that was in my 2007 inbox at the time I copied the .pst file is showing up in the 2013 inbox, but there have been no messages received since then despite the fact that several new messages have been received in the 2007 inbox.

I think the folder that has my email address as the title is the one I set up before I transferred folders -- but when I go to that folder, select the inbox and click on "send and receive," I get a message that "we didn't find anything to show here."  I'm feeling as if I need to delete everything and start over. Of course, I'm also feeling as if I'm doing something incredibly stupid and obvious and I just can't figure out what it is. I'd be most grateful if someone knows how to get Outlook 2013 working so I can finally close down the old PC and monitor and get my desk back to normal.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Can you send email from 2013? If not, then you'll need to go back and make sure the settings are correct. Most probably an error with the username, password and/or the server settings.

The fact that the folders are all there is a good sign -- are you missing any emails? if not, then the file transfer was a success. You just need to get your account configured so it can send and receive email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users