Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security, and antimalware?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 beachfeet

beachfeet

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hello BC,

I have read different articles surrounding security for android devices, and I am confused as to what should be done, in order to protect my device from malware, and other threats. From personal experience, programs such as Avast mobile, MBAM, Sophos, etc. have never removed any threats, even though I was clearly infected. I was wondering what the BC community uses to keep their devices running at top speed? I do not download videos, music, or any games on my device, but it always experiences pop ups, and random slowness. Earlier this morning, I had to perform a hard reset on my LG G3. I decided to start from scratch, since I couldn’t pinpoint the exact app that was causing the problems. Even after removing what I thought may have been suspicious applications, the original problem was still present. The one application that has worked a small amount is CCleaner, but even that is not strong enough to get it back up to full speed. Any help on this issue, will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time, and have a great day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users