Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combo fix not working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 rbomm

rbomm

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Having an issue running Combofix. I've run it on my computer in the past with no issues but last night I ran it and came in this morning(after 15 hours) and nothing had happened. I shutdown and restarted Combofix in Safe Mode. Going on 4  hours and still nothing happening. Stuck on blue screen stating "scanning for infected files"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

Hello there,

Please do NOT run ComboFix without expert supervision.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. ComboFix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which scan individual drives or different folders on a computer for malware...nor was it designed to be a remote support toolUsing this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. When issues arise due to complex malware infections, possible false detections, problems running ComboFix or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Since you already have a topic open in Malware Removal Logs, I have asked a Moderator to close this topic to avoid confusion.

Regards,
Alex

#3 rbomm

rbomm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

At this point do I just let it run until there is a resolution or do I restart computer?

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

I hope you have backups of your data files.  The gurus here will be waiting for you in your other thread to help you; follow their advice to the letter.
Meanwhile - I don't know whether you should cold-stone shutdown, or, wait it out.

...Only the BC Staff or members of the Malware Respond Team are permitted to provide such assistant or answer questions related to ComboFix.

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Edited by quietman7, 17 March 2015 - 04:41 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

The other topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570412/trouble-running-combofix/

This one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users