Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from not very wintery Alaska

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ScaredAK

ScaredAK

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

My husband was my IT guy. Since he died, my computers seem to be grieving. After searching for some sites that didn't either want to download garbage to my computer or sell me that ONE perfect program, I found BleepingComputer. Which seems to be what I say daily...without the bleep

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

We have lots of winter here. We'll meet or beat any price and, as always, free shipping!

Welcome to BC!

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 ScaredAK

ScaredAK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

Thanks, but we felt really generous this year. When that monsoon/cyclone whatever it was hit Alaska a couple of months ago (it's only called "high winds" here, even if its 150 mph. Or in Juneau, that is called Taku wind.) Anyway, that wind offered to send all the cold stuff down to you guys in the lower part of the world. We said "sure," and "happy holidays" etc. And its going to be an el nino couple of years so by then we will be growing bananas. Good think we don't believe in no stinking climate change up here! 

BTW, it NEVER free shipping to Alaska. Unless it's from Crutchfield.

#4 olderthandirt

olderthandirt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

... and down here [outside] in FortStinkingDesert we've been bi, uh... complaining about the very warm ... dry... winter.

What I wouldn't give to be back in Craig.

I'm new too, but couldn't pass a chance to say hello to someone from The Great Land:hello:  hope you're able to keep the sad li'l confuser workin'.

olderthandirt

Edited by olderthandirt, 20 March 2015 - 12:28 AM.

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:37 PM

Welcome from sunny and extremely dry California.  When PC World closed their forums to all but subscribers, BC was recommended and has become just as helpful without the politics.  I have traveled the west coast from Mexico to Alaska can can remember some strange occurences.  One was in March while the corporate managers of the company I worked for had their annual meeting in Miami, a cold wave hit and frost warnings were issued while I left for Kenai and the off-shore oil rigs and found 72 degrees.  Many snears were issued when I returned with a suntan after a week.  I have also been to Prudhoe Bay in the dead of winter,  55 degrees below zero and a 25 mile an hour wind.  Close to a minus 120 below zero windchill.  Returned to Anchorage after 6 days and walked on the airport apron, 32 degrees snowing and I was sweating in just a t-shirt.  Really messed up my metabolism for a week afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users