Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not shutting down properly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 smartjock99

smartjock99

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

My troubles began last week when Windows downloaded the latest system upgrades.  The computer stopped recognizing programs when it went into idle mode, and when I went to reboot the computer, it would not shut down.  I had to do the hard shutdown by holding down the power button.  I finally went into safe mode and did a system restore back before the windows upgrades and the computer worked fine.  Then more windows system upgrades occurred and the same problems with my coumputer occurred.  Had to do another hard shut down of the computer.  Obviously something wrong here.

Any assistance would be helpful.  I have tons of free space on the hard drive.  I'm running Windows 7 (64 bit) on a dell XPS pc.

I've run malwarebytes in safe mode with networking.

Edited by smartjock99, 17 March 2015 - 08:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smartjock99

smartjock99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

I'm requesting that this topic (which no one has responded to) be shut down as I'm going to repost with far more serious things that have happened to my computer since then.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

Your other topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570627/computer-is-not-responding-freezing-after-startup-and-more/

As requested this one is closed.

For future reference the quickest way to let us know about things such as this is for you to use the Report button in your post and request that it be closed. That will usually be seen sooner than a post would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users