Operating System:XP Pro SP1
CPU:Mobile AMD Athlon™ XP processor 1500+ at 1.3 GHz
Hard drive size:30 Gig
Amount of memory installed:512 MB SDRAM
Sound card:Vaio onboard
Video adapter:ATI RAGE™ MOBILITY graphics chip with 8 MB SDRAM
When did the problem start: A few months ago
What you were doing when the problem first appeared:Trying to startup the laptop.
Any new software or hardware installed recently:N/A
Any other information you think might help: Here is what I have tried.
(1) Removed memory from 2nd slot (no help)
(2) Switched memory from slot 1 to slot 2 (no help)
(3) Attempted to boot into safemode (nada)
(4) Attempted to boot into BIOS settings (nada)
(5) Attempted to boot to Windows XP Pro CD (nada)
(6) Attempted to boot to a statup floppy (no joy)
(7) Disconnected the AC power removed the battery, turned the laptop over and held in the rest button for 60 seconds (per Sony support) reconnected the AC power and tried to start it up (nada)
(8) Did the same thing again except this time I put the battery back in and tried to start it up, once again (nada)
I'm open for suggestions folks, at this point I have a very expensive paper weight so if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
Edited by Bear, 29 November 2004 - 11:06 AM.