Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error code 43 in device manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samkan60

samkan60

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

Hi

My Nvidia GT630m graphics card is showing a yellow traiangle in device manager. When you go to properties you see an error code 43. I have tried OEM drivers and the latest from Nvidia for it. Also when I install the drivers the Nvidia control panel in advanced is not visible even to be selected, but after it is in the control panel but never opens. I have also tried back drivers from nvidia from as far back as 326.xx.

Secondly when it was working correctly whenever I started a game the driver kernel would crash and the game would not start. I was laying Crysis 2 only at the time. Googled the problem and there were suggestions of selecting high perfomance in the nvidia control panel but that did not work as well. I wiped my hard drive and perfomed a clean install with Windows 7,8, 8.1 and 8.1 update still no change.

System specs:

Machine name: PC
   Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140221-1952)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
       System Model: IdeaPad Z580    
               BIOS: Phoenix BIOS SC-T v2.2
          Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
             Memory: 8056MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8056MB RAM
          Page File: 2773MB used, 7201MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

The difficulty with troubleshooting problems with laptops is that hardware parts are almost impossible to swap out to test (in most cases).  All I can offer is a few tips that I have found useful when dealing with these kind of problems in laptops:

> First, if your laptop is still under warranty, that is where you should start first. Also remember that Nvidia may have warranties on their component that is still in effect after the Lenovo warranty expire. Explore that possibility.

I wiped my hard drive and perfomed a clean install with Windows 7,8, 8.1 and 8.1 update still no change.

> Remember that when you nuke your hard drive and reinstall Windows, including different versions, it is extremely important that you also install the motherboard drivers for that version of Windows. Many people overlook this, and have resulting problems. Without those drivers, the machine defaults to the generic Windows drivers that may or may not work properly, or at least up to proper level of performance. If you are simply restoring the OS from a restore CD or restore partition on the hard drive then the drivers are included and there is no problem. However, if all you have is a restore partition, and you actually wiped the entire hard drive, that partition is gone so you must contact Lenovo for the drivers for your unit. You may be able to download them off Lenovo's website, we can hope for the best on that.
> I would have suggested a system restore attempt first, but if you have wiped your drive that is no longer an option.
> I assume that you have not been making regular HDD backups, especially image backups, so that is not an option.

> Here is some information on your lap and Nvidia card problem:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2499737/nvidia-geforce-630m-error-code-working.html

If I can think of any other suggestions I will post back.

Edited by ranchhand_, 17 March 2015 - 12:48 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 samkan60

samkan60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:49 AM

thanks a lot.

• The recovery partition you speak of is is gone when my drive died some time back.
  • I checked with the Lenovo support site for my laptop and upgraded the BIOS drivers for Windows 8 and 8.1 but I still have the code 43 and a yellow triangle in device manager. As for restore CDs mine did not come with them and from looking around I can order them but my country is not supported so I will have to find a way to get them if I decide on that course of action.
  • As for the last solution I posted that on tomsharware.com but the problem has come back.

I will try continuing looking for a solution. This usually happens when I do not play games for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users