Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thunderbird email

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neverbeenhere

neverbeenhere

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hi,
I have used thunderbird ( I believe a division of Mozilla Firefox ) for a few years now with no problems.Suddenly now having a problem with computer code.When I forward emails there is one full page of it before the original email is shown.I have tried to contact the company to no avail.Their support system seems to be non existence.I have deleted it on this machine and on another one at the same time.Reinstalled both machines (both vista) with no difference still had code in all the forwarded mail.People want to know what the gibberish is all about.
If there is an answer I would be very thankful.

Concerned Emailer

Edit: Topic moved from Windows Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

Open Thunderbird in safe mode (instructions below)

If doing this solves the problem, the "code" you are getting is as a result of a recent add on update.

Restart Thunderbird in normal mode, deactivate/disable ALL add ons......and then enable them again ONE at a time.

In other words....the process of elimination will show the add on causing this (if in fact that is the case ! )

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/safe-mode#w_how-to-start-thunderbird-in-safe-mode

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/safe-mode#w_confirming-that-safe-mode-is-activated

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/safe-mode#w_exiting-safe-mode

At the end of this process, all will be well !

Post again, and let me know.

Edit:   btw...Welcome back !...it has been a while since your last visit.

Edited by Condobloke, 16 March 2015 - 10:05 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 neverbeenhere

neverbeenhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:11 AM

Hi have tried in safe mode several times without success,never got rid of any computet code.I'm grateful for any advice I receive

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

We are talking about the same safe mode...?......Thunderbird safe mode....not windows safe mode ..

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 neverbeenhere

neverbeenhere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:39 AM

Yes we are talking about Thunderbird safe mode not windows safe mode

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

Can you show us a screen shot of this 'code' ?

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users