Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Randomly Flickers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caffeinated.Doot

Caffeinated.Doot

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

I have a Philips LCD HDTV that I use primarily as a PC monitor (via HDMI) and occasionally with several video game consoles. Within the past couple of days I started noticing the screen will randomly flicker one or more white/yellow lines around either the top or the left side of the screen. I'd take a photo but the lines only appear for about a second and I can't really predict when they will happen. I was wondering if this is more likely a problem with my TV or my graphics card (an AMD Radeon 7750), and whether it is a sign that one of them is failing or if it will be fine if I just ignore it. Or if there's a way I can trace down exactly what the source is. If relevant, I've had the TV for around 3 years now and the graphics card just a bit longer than that; both were bought completely new at the time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Graphics drives current?

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

Hi there,

In such situation you have several options, but here's an example of troubleshooting, or at least what I would do:
First - ensure all your cables are in snug. You can try to wiggle the HDMI cable at both ends, to see if any flickering will appear. If all is okay, reseat the GPU, update to latest drivers and test. 
Try connecting to your integrated GPU (if your motherboard supports one) and test.
Lastly - just connect other source of video stream, or just use the TV as such. If the problem disappears - most likely your GPU is the culprit.

Let me know how it goes, and I hope this helps!

Citizen_WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users