Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Mini - Start up & then shuts down quickly - Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twoodall573

twoodall573

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

I'm a newby here looking for some help. If I'm in the wrong place please kindly guide me to the right location ...

I have a Dell Mini running Windows 7 Starter. When I start the laptop up it comes on ... As soon as it connects to a network I get a pop up saying that it's encountered a fatal error & needs to restart. It all happens so quick I don't have time to really read what's going on.

How can I get in to my system long enough to load a virus scan?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

When you start the machine immediately repeatedly tap F8, see if it will go into safe mode.  In safe mode with help the guys can help, let us know.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 twoodall573

twoodall573
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Thanks - I've done that ...

Now my screen is in Advance Boot Options.

Where to go from here?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,946 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

Select Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure. Reboot Try connecting again. Does it throw a bluescreen? What is the stop code if any and the file that is shown?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users