Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Change Boot Device

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TCX

TCX

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

Hopefully someone can help :/ 

I was having issues with my laptop and somehow ended up changing my boot device to the CD drive in BIOS . Now my computer will only boot to what is on the CD which is the program windows boot genius . if i don't have the CD in it'll repeatedly turn on and shut down unless i put the CD back in . I know i have to get back to the BIOS to change my boot device back to my HD ? but im unable to do so . F2 is my bios key but that takes me to windows boot manager where i can only select windows and it loads up to the program all over again .
I can access task manager etc and the run window and see my files are still there though . I did a boot file test and none of the files are missing and it recognizes that my PC was on windows 8.1 , im really stuck though .

Pls help  :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hello there,

What sort of PC/Laptop do you have? 

There is often another "F" key which can change the boot order (usually F12 on "Dells" and F8 on "Acers"). 

Also, while doing some research, i came come across this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2116815/enter-bios-setup-pressing-acer.html

Hope this helps! 

#3 TCX

TCX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

Edited by TCX, 16 March 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#4 TCX

TCX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

Hello there,

What sort of PC/Laptop do you have? 

There is often another "F" key which can change the boot order (usually F12 on "Dells" and F8 on "Acers"). 

Also, while doing some research, i came come across this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2116815/enter-bios-setup-pressing-acer.html

Hope this helps! 

Hi masterthemachines :D, 

The model is a Samsung np300e5c-ao3us 

I can change the order without accessing the bios ? 

Thank you for the link , I read and see that he flashed the bios via USB ? How would I go about doing that ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users