Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Holiday Plans?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:24 PM

Just curious as to what you fine people have planned for the July 4th holiday.
Me, I'm planning on a nice relaxing visit to the homeland (Northern Michigan).
Ah yes, trees, water, fishing and BEER!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:40 PM

Well n ice of u to ask!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Well ive already had my holiday! :cool:
I went to Cyprus for ten days to see my family and see my mates!!!!! Sad its over and Im sad i couldnt saty longer cos here I am back in london trying to find a job!!!!!!! :)
:flowers:
Hopefully if i get a well paid summer job , I could squeze in another holiday!!!!!!! :P

:trumpet:
MathsDude

PS: I certainly agree with the BEER bit!!! HMMMM i really fancy a pint right now!!!!! :inlove:
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:18 AM

Living in samll town with a population of 1500 in the foothills of Northern California has its advantages on the 4th of July, the whole town turns out for the celebration. They start the day with a parade down main street, both blocks of it, and then close it down to traffic and it becomes a mini fair. Latter in the day they have the compititions, baked goods, canned fruits, water melon eating, and the egg toss...one of my favorites.

The first time I attended the 4th here I was invited to participate in the egg tossing event, I was told that the object was to start off at a distance of a couple of yards and start tossing a "hard boiled" egg back and forth with your partner and begin to move farther a part until someone misses the catch. Well...the egg was raw, and the yolk was on me.

I should mention that with the street closed down, people are allowed to purchase beer and carry it around the contained area, and by the time that these games begin there always those that are feeling little if any pain, and this always adds to the mix. Take the couple last year that the boy friend decided to throw the egg at his girl friend rather than toss it to her, after getting over the shock of the unprovoked attack she immediately armed herself with several eggs and the chase was on. Evidently the beer robbed him of his good senses.

There are BBQ partys and fire works to top off the day, and the town usually doesn't start moving until ten or eleven the next morning.

I hope all of you here have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. :thumbsup:

Edited by dc3, 30 June 2006 - 04:19 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

4th of July...One of my fave holidays. Well be heading upstae NY on Sat for an overnite with an old friend. Then back at the homestead Sun nite. Having a 2 day BBQ from then thru Tues. Roasting a Pig on Mon, plenty of food, music, brews and lots of good company (friends,family and kids).. Flag raising and lowering with ceremony too...a lot of fun. Hope all of you have a great holiday!
God Bless America
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

I will be in the Cumberland Gap area in Tennessee. Our church supports a family in that area and will be delivering/building a workshed. So we work and then camp for a couple. Back home on the 4th to party.

Happy Birthday America!

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:55 AM

I am going to walk about 50 yards to the carnival here in town. Which is conviniently located across from me in the park. :thumbsup: And since the fireworks are launched from the park I get first row seats. :flowers:

The normally sleepy little town brings in up to 50,000 spectators to view the Parade and Fireworks, as well as a week long carnival with entertainment provided by the Newton Falls Fourth of July Festivities Committee which is made up entirely of volunteers. The committee raises money for the fireworks through a Car Show, Bike Show, and 20,000 Dollar Raffle.

Source

For a small sleepy town, 50,000 is a lot! (We only have 5,002 people in the city plus the township which is about 4,000)

Also what is cool, is the car show and bike show are all within 3 weeks of the 4th of July.

Edited by yano, 02 July 2006 - 10:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users