Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default IME virus. Multiple "Default IME" apps running.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gb_6566

gb_6566

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

I am running windows 7 and have multiple default IME apps running in task manager. Alos conhost.exe, dwm.exe and crssc.exe process can not be stopped either. Antivirus did not find anything and this has rendered my PC inoperable... I cannot find any information on the web that has any value. Has anyone dealt with this virus and can it be removed or am I going to have to wipe my PC and do a clean install?

Edited by gb_6566, 16 March 2015 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paolo simoni

paolo simoni

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

Hello everyone. I apologize for my English. this is the first time I intervene on the forum and I apologize if I'm wrong to write this topic. I'm using windows xp and I realized that if I am connected in the internet, in the task manager appear about ten applications "Default IME". if I'm not connected to the internet these applications do not start. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate these "default ime".
Thank You

#3 LL_Shoval

LL_Shoval

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

I had the exact same problem as Paolo, as soon as I connected pc to the internet, it would bog down and I could find around 10 or so "Default IME"s running in Task Manager.

I downloaded Malwarebytes software and ran the scan and I haven't had this problem anymore.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/ <- Here is the link. (I just used the free version)

Also, I ran multiple scans with AVG before trying this to no effect.

Edited by LL_Shoval, 20 March 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#4 Rose1980

Rose1980

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

Hi guys. I've been suffering the multiple Default IME virus for a few days. I have no clue how I got it and tried multiple virus software scans which did nothing. But yesterday I moved everything I wanted to keep off my computer onto a external HD and did a factory rest. The virus has GONE and on the plus's side it freed over 200 GB of sh#t I didn't use off the computer now its running brand new again.

#5 Rose1980

Rose1980

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

Hi guys. For the past few days my computer has been running intolerably slow. Task manager showed multiple Default IME coming and going while connected on line, while no pages were open on desk top. After consulting the all mighty google I found people post in about a virus desguised as a Default IME. So I ran multiple virus scans with different software with no success. Yesterday I moved everything I needed to keep, off the computer and on to External HD and did a factory reset. The viruses has gone and on the plus side I freed over 200GB of sh#t off my computer that I had not been using. So now the computer it running like brand new and no virus.Hope this helps others suffering with the same virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users