Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Epicsockzebra

Epicsockzebra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Hello, so I've had a rather annoying recurring problem which has been with my computer as far back as I can remember. Basically, it can't download ****. My internet is fine, I have great ping and around 6 down 12 up (Megabyte/s). After reading numerous posts over the past few months it seems that the network is being interrupted, if only briefly, but long enough to corrupt the file and render the download useless. To give some example, downloading something from Chrome over 60mb can be extremely difficult at times, b/c I will for example get to 47mb and then it freezes, or sometimes it goes without a hitch. So the bigger the file the longer it takes and therefore a higher chance of something going wrong. Recently I've been trying the League of Legends patcher again, since they revamped it and I thought they added a resume system of sorts, and had the same problems which I had back when I used to play that game. Bascially, it's a round 1gb download and i can get anywhere from 50-150mb in before the download rate goes down to 0kb/s. What is even more frustrating is that I have another computer in the same room ( which i use primarily for nongaming stuff since it isn't as powerful) and it can download via the launcher perfectly, and there is never a corruption issue. So, any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this is a bit long, this week I've just been fed up with it. (P.S. I'm not a huge computer expert, so simple language is good language LOL.png)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

That must be very frustrating. Specially if you don't remember a time it didn't do it.

You mentioned LoL but only about updating the launcher, so I assume you can play without issue? What about watching Youtube? twitch? Netflix? or something else online?

What about transferring files from one PC to another?

Do you use a torrent client? If yes, any issues?

At the top of this forum is a Read Me post, can you do the part about MiniToolBox please?

Try booting into safe mode with networking and see if the issue continues. Let us know how that turns out. But do the MiniToolBox thing in normal mode =) 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Epicsockzebra

Epicsockzebra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

To answer questions in order, yes I can play the game w/o interruptions and any problems. Oddly enough this problem doesnt occur with all patchers, the WoW patcher for instance, does work, aswell as any steam downloads, but the Elite Dangerous patcher doesn't work for me either.

I'm not quite sure about what you mean one PC to another, if thats P2P then i'm fairily confident that that works, i can send files via skype or dropbox without problems.

yes i have used a torrent client in the past, and I experienced no problems.

As for the last two, I'm not sure where the read me is? is that the welcome guide?

And i'm a complete newbie about software, I believe that to boot into safe mode i need to hit f8 while my computer boots up? But I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks again :P

Edited by Epicsockzebra, 16 March 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398507/please-read/  <<-- in there.

hmmm....weirder than I thought.

from one PC to another = file transfers from your pc to your older pc

Yes just tap the F8 key as soon as you click Reboot. a screen will come up and pick Safe Mode with Networking =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users