Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio In Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hello All,

This is a new system with a brand new install of Windows 8.1. I have several different audio programs on my system, but I only use an outboard USB DAC like this one here;

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=HDDAC1

Also, I run all of my audio programs in the WASAPI mode, which gives me bit perfect sound; https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd371455(v=vs.85).aspx  For a few days now I have not been able to get any audio in Internet Explorer, but everything else seems to be working fine. I went to Youtube to watch a video, and there was no audio. I use Mozilla or Google Chrome, everything is fine. It just seems to be Internet Explorer. I have restarted my system a few times, and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions of what I can do. Thanks in advance.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

I tried all of the advice on this page, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-pictures/no-sound-from-internet-explorer-sound-from-media/0a93e2b8-dd41-46c9-9173-80eeb1e3b308 and still no sound from Internet Explorer. I get sound from every other program except Internet Explorer.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

I guess that there are two different Internet Explorer options on Windows 8.1; one from the desktop and one from the start menu. Well anyway, I still get no audio from Internet Explorer using the desktop option, but the audio works fine when I use Internet Explorer from the start menu. I can't figure this problem out.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users