Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where are my time zones?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scottintexas

Scottintexas

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

I looked at the time and realized my computer was still on central time when it should have been on eastern time. So I went into the time change and checked to see what the hell was wrong. On the Internet tab it says "this computer is set to automatically synchronize with 'time.windows.com.' Under the Date and Time tab it is set Central Time. When I select the button for "Change Time Zone" I get all sorts of Aman and all sorts of places in Russia and the only other place is Central Time. Brazil is not even in the list. So how do I reload the list with Pacific, Mountain, Eastern time zones? How do I tell this computer that I am UTC-5 hours?

Thanks.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 March 2015 - 05:02 PM.
language edit

Still searching for the "Read My Mind and Do It" button.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Texas is in the Central Time Zone....unless you are in some Texas not in the USA....

txtz.gif

Edited by buddy215, 15 March 2015 - 11:28 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Scottintexas

Scottintexas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Ok. Being a native of Texas does not mean I am unaware of where the time zones are. I also realize that when I am in Virginia I am no longer in Texas. Last time I looked Virginia is in the Eastern Time Zone.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Simple to find your time zone.

Scroll through the list.

Look for Eastern Time (US & Canada) and select it. Does not get any simpler than that.

If you are saying you have scrolled through the list and don't see it HOW are accessing it to change the time zone?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 March 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

Yes, Virginia...is in the Eastern Time Zone.  

Setting the date and time in Windows Vista and 7

1. Press Windows key + D or navigate to the Windows desktop.
  2. In the lower right-hand corner of the screen, click or tap the notification area where you see the time and date.
  3. Select Change date and time settings... in the bottom of the window that appears (shown below).
    timeanddate.jpg
  4. In the Date and Time window, under the Date and Time tab, click the Change date and time... button.
  5. Make your adjustments and click OK.
  6. Click OK on the Date and Time window to save the changes.

Adjusting the Time Zone

1. In the Date and Time window from above, under the Date and Time tab, click the Change time zone... button.
  2. Select the new time zone in the Time zone drop-down field and click OK.
  3. Click OK on the main Date and Time window to save the time zone change.

Edited by buddy215, 15 March 2015 - 06:02 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Scottintexas

Scottintexas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

Thanks BC ADvisor. I know how to set the date and time. I also know how to change time zones. As I said in my initial post, when I select the drop down of time zones there is Central Time Zone, Aman, and a lot of places in Russia. The list does not scroll up or down. There are 15 or 20 places listed and that is all. The Central Time Zone is the only US & Canada Zone there is.

Edited by Scottintexas, 16 March 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

Time Zones - Restore Missing Default Time Zones - Windows 7 Help Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users