Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer doesnt do post beep anymore

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

so i just got a new nvidia card and installed it... however i noticed that sometime (or right after) after that, i couldnt hear the post beep. it could also've been that i recently got a rootkit virus (that was destroyed by tdsskiller and many other virus programs) but after i removed it, the beep is still gone. those 2 things are the only things that have happened recently hardware and software-wise... nothing seems to be wrong with my computer aside from that though... could it be that AMD cards are the only cards that are beep-worthy? idk. should i worry?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

I wouldn't be all that concerned but if things start happening BleepingComputer will be here to help you

Robert James Crawley Klopp

#3 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

ok thx

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

On succesful post (the computer shows splash screen and boots), with a speaker connected to the motherboard you should hear the post beep. My guess is that when you installed the video card, you may have disconnected the motherboard speaker. This speaker would be connected in the same area the power button and reset button are connected.

These images may help: https://www.google.com/search?q=motherboard+speaker&biw=1272&bih=743&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FKwJVYvqOMqXyATVuIHIBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Edited by zingo156, 18 March 2015 - 11:47 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

hmmm.... maybe. well good riddance to that beep! and thank you, all!

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

It isn't needed so if you don't like it leave it disconnected. Happy computing.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#7 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

good luck

Robert James Crawley Klopp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users