Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos stall and audio goes out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jakem392

jakem392

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

This has been going on for the past few months and it's starting to get really annoying. 

I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I would say about 30% of the time when I click on a YouTube video, the page will load up, the first frame of the video will load up, but the video will just freeze. Reloading the page won't fix the problem. And the problem will resolve on it's own in anywhere from 30seconds to 2 whole minutes. And when one video freezes, no other videos will play either. 

At first I thought it was a problem with just YouTube videos, but it happens on many other video players also. Then I thought it was just the Chrome browser. But not it happens on other browsers too. If a video is frozen in Chrome, opening it in Firefox the video will still be frozen. If all videos are playing fine in Chrome, they will all play fine in Firefox. 

On possibly related note, the audio on my computer stops working I'd say about half as often as videos freeze. My computer will play sound just fine, and then all audio will go silent for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Sometimes videos freeze and the sounds go out and come back in at the same time. I'm really not sure what's going on with my computer.

I am using Windows 8.1 on an hp pavillion g6 that is about 2 years old. All of my audio and display drivers are up to date.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jakem392

jakem392
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

Doing a Refersh in Windows 8.1 seems to have taken care of the problem for now....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users